“I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.”W.C. Fields
“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”Abraham Lincoln
What better to combine with a Memorial Day Weekend cookout than a chilled glass of wine or an ice-cold beer?
Here are some fascinating facts about both beverages:
- Beer is the third most popular drink in the world, just behind water and tea.
- Champagne bottles are made with thicker glass to resist the pressure of carbonation.
- McDonald’s offers beer on their menu in many countries, including France, Germany, and South Korea.
- There is a widely accepted tasting process with wine. Look at color and aroma first before taking that first sip.
- Viking warriors who made it to Valhalla after they died were gifted beer.
- An average bottle of wine contains the juice of 600-800 grapes.
- Beer contains Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and B7, so basically you’re drinking a salad!
- California is the fourth largest producer of wine in the world. The other three are France, Spain, and Italy.
- Beer has been around since 7000 BC.
- The oldest known wine cellar is on the Titanic. When divers went down to the wreckage, surprisingly most of the bottles were still intact.
With those thoughts in mind, “This…or That?” this week will unscientifically determine the pulse of our followers’ preference when it comes to 99 bottles of something on the wall. Are you a fan of beer or wine?
You simply choose your favorite and review the results. The best thanks you can give is to share our site with family and friends, bookmark our site (Ctrl+D) or subscribe below.
While you consider your decision, watch a few videos that prominently feature beer and wine.
Subscribe below to be notified when we post new content. You’ll receive an email asking to verify your request. Once that is done, you’re all set. Welcome to Moteventure!
CHECK OUT PAST BLOG ENTRIES BELOW FOR MORE GREAT ARTICLES AND INFORMATION: