Baby, It’s Cold Outside” is not a Christmas song, but like “Jingle Bells” and “Winter Wonderland,” we only hear it at Christmastime because of the snow mentioned in the lyrics. And speaking of lyrics, those are what make people argue about the song. In its first few decades, it was just a flirty song that echoed the way romance was done at the time. Eventually it started to become clear how problematic those lyrics are.
Subscribe below to be notified when we post new content. You’ll receive an email asking to verify your request. Once that is done, you’re all set. Welcome to Moteventure!
NEWS STORIES & LINKS THAT ARE HELPFUL, INSIGHTFUL, INFORMATIVE, AND (HOPEFULLY) ENJOYABLE TOO.
IMAGE CREDIT: THE NEXT WEB
IMAGE CREDIT: UNSPLASH
IMAGE CREDIT: CLEMENT CLARK MOORE/NEW york historical society
IMAGE CREDIT: SOUL:ASK
IMAGE CREDIT: PEXELS
IMAGE CREDIT: NEATORAMA
IMAGE CREDIT: MEN’S JOURNAL
IMAGE CREDIT: MAXIM
FOOD & DRINK – 5 Things You Didn’t Know About BacoN | HOW STUFF WORKS
IMAGE CREDIT: HOWSTUFFWORKS.COM
BOOKS – #1 NYT BESTSELLER (hardcover FICTION) – GO TELL THE BEES THAT I AM GONE BY DIANA GABALDON | goodreads
IMAGE CREDIT: doubleday books
CURRENTLY # 1 ON OTHER CHARTS (Updated 12/13/2021):
- # 1 Broadcast TV – “NBC Sunday Night Football” (NBC)
- # 1 Streaming TV – “You” (Netflix)
- # 1 Steaming Movie – “The Harder They Fall” (Netflix)
- # 1 Acquired TV – “Cocomelon” (Netflix)
- # 1 Cable – “NFL Regular Season” (Seattle/Washington) (ESPN)
- # 1 Syndication – “ESPN NFL Regular Season” (ESPN)
- # 1 Video Game – “Halo: Infinite”
- # 1 Movie – “West Side Story”
- # 1 Single (Billboard) – “Easy on Me” by Adele
- # 1 Album (Billboard) – “30” by Adele
- # 1 AP College Football – Alabama
With the Christmas season upon us, we continue to revisit last year’s “Uncommon” Christmas Song list featuring tunes we don’t hear 100 times a day (“Santa Tell Me”…again?). To see today’s artist, just slide the slider on the image below…and then click the link below the images.
CHECK OUT PAST BLOG ENTRIES BELOW FOR MORE GREAT ARTICLES AND INFORMATION: