On day fourteen of highlighting lesser known Christmas songs (or in this case newer and popular), my choice of song is “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” by Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton. The real-life couple’s Christmas duet is the title track from Gwen’s 2017 album, her fourth solo studio album apart from No Doubt.
With her group No Doubt, Gwen scored major hits like “Just a Girl”, “Don’t Speak”, “It’s My Life”, and “Hey Baby”. As a solo artist, she was equally successful, charting hits with “Rich Girl”, “Hollaback Girl”, “Cool”, and “Wind It Up”. Her newest single is “Let Me Reintroduce Myself”.
Gwen Stefani is a 3-time Grammy winner, and has sold 30 million records world-wide.
Currently, Blake Shelton has charted 40 singles, scoring 27 number one songs on Billboard’s Country chart. Hits include “Austin”, “Home”, “Hillbilly Bone” with Trace Adkins, “Honey Bee”, “Sure Be Cool If You Did”, “God’s Country”, and most recently “Happy Anywhere” with Stefani.
Blake Shelton is a 9-time Grammy award nominee, and has coached the eventual winner of NBC’s “The Voice” during seven of their nineteen seasons. Both Shelton and Stefani care currently featured coaches on the show.
If you’d like to listen to the playlist as it’s created this month, preview the tracks and then log into Spotify to listen!
Other Moteventurous Christmas Duets to check out:
- PEACE ON THE EARTH / THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY (Bing Crosby & David Bowie)
- THE CHRISTMAS SONG (Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole)
- ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS (Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton)
- HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS (Tony Bennett & Diana Krall)
- WHITE CHRISTMAS (Michael Buble & Kelly Rowland)
- I THINK YOU MIGHT LIKE IT (John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John)
- BABY IT’S COLD OUTSIDE (Bing Crosby & Doris Day)
- THE CHRISTMAS SONG (Justin Bieber & Usher)
- MERRY CHRISTMAS, BABY (Colbie Caillet & Brad Paisley)
- SAY ALL YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS (Nick Jonas & Shania Twain)
As always, if there is a holiday song you want me to hear and/or highlight here, add it in the comments below. Enjoy your day!