Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived – so goes the mnemonic device introduced at some English schools for kids to easily remember some of their country’s most iconic queens. The device sums up our fascination with Henry VIII’s wives nicely. Many of us know how their marriages ended, but few can grasp who these women truly were. So, what was their story? How did they entice one of the world’s most famous monarchs? And how did they contribute to England’s blossoming royal and national identity?
Subscribe below to be notified when we post new content. You’ll receive an email asking to verify your request. Once that is done, you’re all set. Welcome to Moteventure!
NEWS STORIES & LINKS THAT ARE HELPFUL, INSIGHTFUL, INFORMATIVE, AND (HOPEFULLY) ENJOYABLE TOO.
IMAGE CREDIT: TV INSIDER
IMAGE CREDIT: TASTE OF HOME
IMAGE CREDIT: MGM
IMAGE CREDIT: CREATIVE COMMONS
IMAGE CREDIT: THE RECIPE CRITIC
IMAGE CREDIT: GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
IMAGE CREDIT: THE COLLECTOR
IMAGE CREDIT: JEREMY LIEBMAN
WELLNESS – An Ode to Being OlD | OUTSIDE
IMAGE CREDIT: OUTSIDE
BOOKS – #1 NYT BESTSELLER (hardcover FICTION) – THE JUDGE’S LIST BY JOHN GRISHAM | goodreads
IMAGE CREDIT: doubleday books
CURRENTLY # 1 ON OTHER CHARTS (Updated 11/29/2021):
- # 1 Broadcast TV – “NBC Sunday Night Football”
- # 1 Streaming TV – “You” (Netflix)
- # 1 Steaming Movie – “Hocus Pocus” (Disney+)
- # 1 Acquired TV – “Cocomelon” (Netflix)
- # 1 Cable – “NFL Regular Season” (Los Angeles/San Francisco)
- # 1 Syndication – “ESPN NFL Regular Season”
- # 1 Video Game – “FIFA 22”
- # 1 Movie – “Encanto”
- # 1 Single (Billboard) – “Easy on Me” by Adele
- # 1 Album (Billboard) – “30” by Adele
- # 1 AP College Football – Georgia
With the Christmas season upon us, we continue to revisit last year’s “Uncommon” Christmas Song list featuring tunes we don’t hear 100 times a day (“The Christmas Song” anyone?). To see today’s artist, just slide the slider on the image below…and then click the link below the images.
CHECK OUT PAST BLOG ENTRIES BELOW FOR MORE GREAT ARTICLES AND INFORMATION: