When we brought Nibbles home, we realized that hamsters are a lot more work than people think,” the photographer Traer Scott tells me. “She hid for like a week straight, and we were thinking, ‘Wow, there is not much reward in this.’ But then we started working with her, and she warmed up to us immensely. My daughter would take her out when she got home from school, and we would make her safe spaces to run around in. That’s where the dollhouse came in.”
Hamsters often need space when they first come home, so Scott and her family took it slow. These animals also require mental stimulation and daily exercise; Nibbles stood on her hind feet each night when she was ready to come out to play. And as they soon discovered, she liked exploring the daughter’s dollhouse, trying out the beds and adventuring from room to room.
Subscribe below to be notified when we post new content. You’ll receive an email asking to verify your request. Once that is done, you’re all set. Welcome to Moteventure!
NEWS STORIES & LINKS THAT ARE HELPFUL, INSIGHTFUL, INFORMATIVE, AND (HOPEFULLY) ENJOYABLE TOO.
IMAGE CREDIT: WARNER BROS.
IMAGE CREDIT: CREATIVE COMMONS
IMAGE CREDIT: creative commons
IMAGE CREDIT: YOUTUBE
IMAGE CREDIT: feature shoot
IMAGE CREDIT: MATT TRAPPE / RUNNER’S WORLD
IMAGE CREDIT: walt disney company
IMAGE CREDIT: daily paws
IMAGE CREDIT: OUTSIDE ONLINE
BOOKS – #1 NYT BESTSELLER (hardcover FICTION) – THE JUDGE’S LIST BY JOHN GRISHAM | goodreads
IMAGE CREDIT: doubleday books
CURRENTLY # 1 ON OTHER CHARTS (Updated 11/29/2021):
- # 1 Broadcast TV – “NBC Sunday Night Football”
- # 1 Streaming TV – “You” (Netflix)
- # 1 Steaming Movie – “Hocus Pocus” (Disney+)
- # 1 Acquired TV – “Cocomelon” (Netflix)
- # 1 Cable – “NFL Regular Season” (Los Angeles/San Francisco)
- # 1 Syndication – “ESPN NFL Regular Season”
- # 1 Video Game – “FIFA 22”
- # 1 Movie – “Encanto”
- # 1 Single (Billboard) – “Easy on Me” by Adele
- # 1 Album (Billboard) – “30” by Adele
- # 1 AP College Football – Georgia
CHECK OUT PAST BLOG ENTRIES BELOW FOR MORE GREAT ARTICLES AND INFORMATION: