Covid-19 has changed many things we take for granted in our daily lives. We’re working out using bodyweight routines at home; dinner is either carryout, delivery or a home creation; Zoom is our new window into work…and our virtual happy hour; Amazon, UPS, or FedEx trucks are seriously going up and down our streets multiple times each day. We even have parades of cars for teachers!
So, as I thought about life as it stands in 2020, I wondered if there was something I could do to make a difference within my local community while also having an impact on the world. Could I conceive of something amazingly simple yet hugely successful like Carson King’s beer money request benefiting children battling illness in Iowa? Could I be creative enough to get something going like the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge from several years back, or even ignite a movement like Movember?
So, to that end, I came up with the idea of The Covid-19 Silent Sync Challenge. The concept is simple, easy, and fun to do on your own or with your family or friends while in quarantine. It can be just you in front of your camera phone or it can be fully choreographed with a small group. Your creativity will be your only limitation.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE CHALLENGE?
All donations raised from the COVID-19 Silent Sync Challenge will benefit GoFundMe.org’s Covid-19 Relief Fund.
We want to support the people of our country at all levels, small businesses, families, and large charities. Spread positivity and remain supportive of all during this chaotic time.Aaron Carlson
HOW DOES THE CHALLENGE WORK?
The challenge is easy. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Using your phone, record yourself lip syncing to a popular song for 15 seconds or so
- Edit the video to mute sound
- iPhone: Open Video; Tap Edit; Tap Yellow Volume Icon; Tap Done
- Android: Select Mute under the Effects menu on your phone
- Post your performance to any social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.)
- Ask your contacts to guess the song you’re silently lip syncing (don’t forget to use the hashtag #silentsyncchallenge)
- Nominate an individual (or group) to accept the #silentsyncchallenge within 24 hours
- In lieu of performing, nominees may DONATE to our GoFundMe.org campaign within 24 hours
- Nominees can:
- Accept the challenge
- Donate to the campaign
- or both!
Please join me to impact those essential individuals who don’t have the opportunity to be safe at home with their families, but choose to put themselves at risk everyday for us. Help those small business owners who are struggling to be viable when the country opens up once more. Be a helping hand to those friends who no longer have a job or are on a lay-off.
SOCIAL MEDIA TEMPLATE EXAMPLE:
(CUT AND PASTE THE TEXT BELOW ONTO YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE, EDIT AS NEEDED, AND POST)
- #silentsyncchallenge – Accepted; Completed; Donated!
- Can you guess the song I’m singing?
- I nominate [INSERT NAME] to complete the COVID-19 #silentsyncchallenge!
- You have 24 hrs to post your video and/or donate
For sample videos, visit our MotEVENTure YouTube Channel