The vampire is a common image in today’s pop culture, and one that takes many forms: from Alucard, the dashing spawn of Dracula in the PlayStation game “Castlevania: Symphony of the Night”; to Edward, the romantic, idealistic lover in the “Twilight” series.
In many respects, the vampire of today is far removed from its roots in Eastern European folklore. As a professor of Slavic studies who has taught a course on vampires called “Dracula” for more than a decade, I’m always fascinated by the vampire’s popularity, considering its origins – as a demonic creature strongly associated with disease.
Subscribe below to be notified when we post new content. You’ll receive an email asking to verify your request. Once that is done, you’re all set. Welcome to Moteventure!
NEWS STORIES & LINKS THAT ARE HELPFUL, INSIGHTFUL, INFORMATIVE, AND (HOPEFULLY) ENJOYABLE TOO.
IMAGE CREDIT: men’s health
IMAGE CREDIT: HULU
IMAGE CREDIT: THE CONVERSATION
IMAGE CREDIT: PEXELS
IMAGE CREDIT: the verge
IMAGE CREDIT: NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
IMAGE CREDIT: BILLBOARD
IMAGE CREDIT: M&M MARS
NEW – # 1 NYT BESTSELLER (ADVICE, HOW-tO & Miscellaneous) – The Forever Dog: Surprising New Science to Help Your Canine Companion Live Younger, Healthier, and Longer by Rodney Habib (goodreads.com)
IMAGE CREDIT: HARPER WAVE
CURRENTLY # 1 ON OTHER CHARTS :
- # 1 Broadcast TV – “NBC Sunday Night Football”
- # 1 Streaming TV – “Squid Game” (Netflix)
- # 1 Acquired TV – “Cocomelon” (Netflix)
- # 1 Cable – “NFL Regular Season” (Indiapolis/Baltimore)
- # 1 Syndication – “ESPN NFL Regular Season”
- # 1 Video Game – “FIFA 22”
- # 1 Movie – “Dune”
- # 1 Single (Billboard) – “Easy on Me” by Adele
- # 1 Album (Billboard) – “Punk” by Young Thug
- # 1 AP College Football – Georgia
CHECK OUT PAST BLOG ENTRIES BELOW FOR MORE GREAT ARTICLES AND INFORMATION: